Friday, April 14, 2017

Employees Taking Things from Work for Personal Use

I personally think it all depends on what the person will be needing the object for and how they would take it. If they take it without telling the owner/manager it would basically be like stealing it. If you have a perfectly good excuse as to why you took the object without telling anybody it would also be ok I guess but I doubt that'd be a normal case. Asking to take something from work for a personal use and telling the manager would be a whole different thing. In that case you'd let them know what you wanted it for and they'd probably understand you and wouldn't have a big problem with it. The best way to go is to just ask if you can take something instead of not saying anything and make your boss have a bad image of you after that.

6 comments:

  1. I think your last sentence is a good overall recommendation for this particular post because if an employee decides to take something from their workplace without asking, even it is going to be used for work (that they may have to take home) then they should get approval and acknowledge their removal of work property from the worksite. As you noted, it would be stealing if an employee was to take something from their workplace. It would be interesting to study employees viewpoint on this topic because in today's society there are a lot of people who just "expect" that they are allowed to use items or take items from their workplace as if they are "owed" that from their employer. There is a mindset from some in our society that it is ok, but is it really ok? If every employee had that type of mindset how would affect the employer's overall inventory or supply. Would the employer start to lose money? If you had a business what would be your policies? Do companies have policies on this topic? I ask all of these questions, because I want to start conversations with you and your classmates, since not too far in the future you will all have to think about working (or may be you are working now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that informing the manger or supervisor is the best way to go. This can also lead the employees to have better communication with their boss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree that letting your supervisor know you are borrowing an object is better than taking it without permission. Hopefully they understand and it ends up in a positive matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with this information is good to ask a permission because we need to have respect for our boss for the objects if want to borrow as Zaira said this can also lead to employees so it could be communication.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i also agree that letting your supervisor or boss know that you are borrowing an object is better then just taking it. this can also lead the employees to have more communication with other people.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have to be friends with your co-workers?

Being friends with your co-workers I think isn't such a huge deal. You don't exactly have to be friends with them, like always hangi...